Can not open safari/chrome extension for 1Password 6

Options
miromelo
miromelo
Community Member

as describe in title, I can' t open one password safari/chrome extension for 1Password6 , it says "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword7-extension://activate/1875 " ,since I had tried 1Password 7 for a while.

I try to reinstall the safari extension from the menu bar, but nothing to help. It seems like the newest extension not support the 1Password6. How could I download the previous comfortable version for 1Password 6?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miromelo - sorry for the trouble! Do you still have 1Password 7 for Mac installed on your Mac? And did you try 1Password 7 during the beta period? Or since the official launch?

• miromelo
    miromelo
    Community Member
    Options

I had installed 1Password7 official release both from the App Store & 1Password official site. I also try to uninstall 1Password, delete all caches that Clean My Mac scanned. restart the safari/chrome, Reinstall 1Password 6, but still not wok.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miromelo

I also try to uninstall 1Password, delete all caches that Clean My Mac scanned...

That's possibly part of the problem. We recommend you don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. The recommended procedure for deleting 1Password is to simply drag the 1Password app to the Trash (after quitting 1Password completely).

What does your extensions list say you have installed? It's not accurate that the current version of 1Password's extension (4.7.1.90) does not support 1Password 6 for Mac; it does. I'd like you to try uninstalling your existing 1Password extension in any browsers you're having this trouble with, and then visiting https://1pw.ca/browsers to reinstall the current version.

• miromelo
    miromelo
    Community Member
    Options

Strange question. Before restart my Mac, always get the 4.7.1 version from the link https://1password.com/browsers/. After restart the Mac , it works well now!
    Thanks for the help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miromelo - excellent! I'm glad to hear things are working well for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.