Please answer a few questions for me before I actually make the change to 1Pass 7 for Mac.

Options
jazzman
jazzman
Community Member

I am quite anxious about transitioning to 1Pass 7 as I use it every day and would be petrified if I couldn't use it because of some foul up. It is extremely valuable to me. My version came from the Mac App Store. Here's my understanding of what to do:

1. Quit 1Pass and 1Pass mini while holding down the Control and Option keys.
  2. Download 1Pass from the Agilebits website and install. At this point, it should give me the option to purchase a standalone license which is what I want. Then it should import my Logins, Secure Notes and other data.
  3. Reconfigure my sync settings.
  4. It should be working correctly now, so remove 1Pass 6.
  5. I just want to make sure that I get the standalone license and that all of my old data transitions to 1Pass 7 properly.

Do I have it right? I can't afford to screw this up.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@jazzman,

2 is almost right.

When you launch 1Password 7 it will detect you have 1Password 6 data and make a copy of it into its data directory. It should then present you with a dialog that has a bulleted list of features and a big green button at the bottom. If you intend to stick with a standalone license you'll want to click the text below the big green button that says "need a license? we have those too."

Rudy

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. Thanks for the answer. I've notice many people have messed up the transition, and most of the time it has to do with the "big green button". I just wanted to make sure I got it right. I cannot afford to bungle this and have 1Pass unavailable for a few days.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jazzman, let us know if you need anymore assistance :smile:. We are here to ensure that your transition goes flawlessly.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

I really appreciate it. 1Pass is so ingrained in my computer usage that I can’t imagine being without it.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

Will 1Pass 7 be as easy to use as 1Pass 6 once I've made the change?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jazzman:

Will 1Pass 7 be as easy to use as 1Pass 6 once I've made the change?

That seems to depend very much on the individual. There are those on this forum who take a dislike to some aspects of it (the larger new mini, for example) and doubtless there are others (maybe those who never post here) who get along with it perfectly well. Perhaps the best things to say in the context of your question are:

• In a number of ways it's different from 1Password 6 so there are certainly changes to which you have to get accustomed.
    • It's rather early in its life and there are still bugs to be squashed and development aspects to be finessed.

That said, if you would enjoy and benefit from the new features and are prepared for some learning and the odd teething problems...well, then in my experience, 1Password 7 doesn't bite!

Stephen

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C:

Well, today is THE day. I'm installing 1Pass 7. I think I've done my homework. I hope I don't run into any obstacles but, if I do, I hope I can login on my iPad and contact you from there to get help. I'm going to install 7 and upgrade to Pro on my iOS devices as you have done yourself.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jazzman if you run into any problems or have any doubts about the right thing to do just add to this thread and someone will come along quite soon and help you.

Stephen

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

Will do and thanks.

• chasan
    chasan
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

with regard to transitioning from Stand-alone 6 to 7 on a Mac

is it possible to run both at the same time on the same computer to keep a visual of 6 ,,,while making any personal adjustments in 7 ?

or even keep a 6 running one computer
    and run 7 on an other one ?

while syncing with Dropbox

this would assist in making the transition less stressful

thankyuuu

CHASAN

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

Well, here we go. I'm making the transition now.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it looks like a made a successful transition. Everything is working. There is one issue. When logging in to a site, 1Pass no longer automatically fills in the username and password when I click on that site. I have to hit it a second time for it to fill in the information. Then I have to click login myself. In the previous version, 1Pass filled in the info and went to the site automatically in most cases when I clicked on it the first time. Can I fix this?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C :

Well, it looks like a made a successful transition. Everything is working. There is one issue. When logging in to a site, 1Pass no longer automatically fills in the username and password when I click on that site. I have to hit it a second time for it to fill in the information. Then I have to click login myself. In the previous version, 1Pass filled in the info and went to the site automatically in most cases when I clicked on it the first time. Can I fix this?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jazzman forgive me if I leave someone more expert than me to give you a proper reply to your question. I've also found I have to do the same thing on with sites which I could have sworn that 1Password 6 filled in gracefully and without further provocation. Others have made similar comments to yours.

One question: does it happen on all sites or only on some?

Stephen

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C

So far it happens on all of the sites I've tried. Some don't work at all. I have to use a different browser like Firefox for those.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

1Pass 7 does not automatically fill in usernames and passwords on any of the sites I've tried nor does it login to the sites automatically after filling in that info. Can this be corrected? Plus some well known websites don't cooperate with 1Pass 7 at all. Can this be corrected? Also, is there more than one browser extension for 1Pass 7?

• fonebone
    fonebone
    Community Member
    Options

This automatic feature is important to me and how I work with sites as I move around the internet. I've also got a couple of clients that I talked into buying the program, and I'm sure that they will be confused about this change. More info Please?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@fonebone

I'm with you on this. I'm going to start a new discussion as it seems no one can answer this one.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman - I see you were able to come to a satisfactory resolution of the issue by installing the autosubmit script/folder. Glad to hear it! @fonebone, I'd recommend you do the same, if you haven't already. :)

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars

All's well now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazzman :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.