I must be missing something (Web Form Details)...

Options
nmcbride
nmcbride
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On mac, you can edit the web form details. You can remove unwanted details, you can change the name and value and you can specify what type it is. It's great and it lets you make 1password work with pesky pages where it doesn't otherwise.

In the latest version of the Windows client... you can't. This has been requested since version 6 and I believe when searching I saw even back to version 4. So I must be missing something right? This has got to be in version 7 by this point...

So how do you edit web form details in windows as you can on Mac?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @nmcbride,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Web form details editing is not supported in 1Password 7 for Windows yet.

We are building 1Password 7 for Windows from scratch, so we have a lot of catching up to do before we can implement it. For example, the support for local vaults in 1Password 7 was a huge undertaking and it is not completely fair to compare 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac, because the latter has several years of development behind its back.

We did not forget about it and we do plan to add full support to editing your web form details completely in a future update to 1Password.

Please let me know if it helps and answers your question. If you have more of them, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: OPW-2020

• nmcbride
    nmcbride
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

But it wasn't ever put into 6 either right? Or was it?

Oh and thank you very much for the quick reply. Top notch!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nmcbride,

Nope, it wasn't in 1Password 6 either, which was the birth of the new codebase (look at this screenshot of its first release) that 1Password 7 is based on but with the addition of local vaults. Now, that we have the best of both worlds; 1Password membership and standalone vaults in the same unified codebase (which means 1Password 4 customers now has an upgrade), we'll start adding more features that benefits both from now on.

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

Was searching for editing and found this one as the latest. When can we expect editing web form fields feature which is missing for a long time? Also, how can I remove one of the previously used passwords which was available as a feature in 1Password 4? Also, there is a huge lag in terms of response time in editing in 1 password app, browser plug-ins. How much more time it will take to catch up to 1Password 4 level as the latest version in the works is for a long time?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bhusari,

We are building 1Password 7 from the ground up and we have a lot of catching up to do. Editing web form details is not that hard to implement, but there is a lot of other things in 1Password 7 that are a higher priority.

We've implemented a ton of big features recently (like local vaults and Watchtower) and there's only so much we can do at once. Moreover, these features in 1Password 7 took its toll: that lag of response time that you mentioned. The current version of 1Password 7 isn't as responsive as we'd like it to be, so right now we are focusing on fixing it at the moment.

I will make sure to pass your feedback to the team though. Please let me know if you have any other questions about this situation, I will be happy to answer all of them. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.