Slow unlock in Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 7: mini and safari plug-in takes a long time to fill or open.

Comments

• thellum
    thellum
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am getting long pauses when authenticating to mini Password 7 in Safari.
    I am using the standalone version of Password 7 and the mini v4.7.1 extension in Safari.
    I am syncing with DropBox.

The issue only cropped up when I migrated to v7 from then latest v6.
    After entering my 1Password password successfully, I can a pause anywhere from 10-25 seconds for 1Password7 full app or mini to unlock! It's obviously not a huge problem, but it's darned annoying. Any idea how I overcome this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thellum: I'm sorry to hear that. Can you update, restart, and see if you're having the same issue? Is it happening only in Safari, or other browsers as well? I think if I had to wait up to a half a minute for 1Password to unlock it would definitely be a big problem for me!

• thellum
    thellum
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : I had no updates to perform for 1Password or my OS, and have restarted several times in the intervening time for usual reasons.
    I am testing Chrome now and do not see the lag, thank goodness.
    Can I provide you with any logs to help resolve this apparent issue with Safari?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thellum: Thanks for getting back to me. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#AHV-77479-955]

If you’re reading this and you are not thellum, this Support ID is for thellum only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: AHV-77479-955

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem too! I tried uninstalling the safari extension but that did not help. It seems like the browser extension is sleeping and takes a few minutes to wake up.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JohnNguyen

Have you tried any other web browsers? Do you see the same difficulty there? What version of 1Password, and what version of the 1Password extension do you have installed?

Ben

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member
    Options

The 1password extension for chrome is working fine but it is very slow to work on safari. I am using 1password 7.1.1 and extension 4.7.3. Again, I would have to click several times and wait for a few minutes before safari extension wakes up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnNguyen - does this happen 100% of the time, or only at certain times? When it occurs, is 1Password 7 running and unlocked? Or is it running but locked? Or possibly not running at all?

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member
    Options

This happens 100% of the time. It does not matter whether 1Password 7 is running or whether 1Password 7 is unlocked. Something is slowing it down. Since the chrome extension is working correctly, this rules out things like McAfee security, OSX firewall, router firewall, etc. This appears to be a safari problem. I don't know if there is a specific setting that is doing this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnNguyen - this may seem obvious -- and you may have already done it -- but please restart your Mac, if you haven't already. Before you do that, however, remove the current 1Password extension for Safari, and after restart, download and install a fresh copy. Let me know how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.