Can I get my original 1password6 back? I did not know version 7 was fee based.

rnclifford
rnclifford
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Can I get my original 1password6 back? I did not know version 7 was fee based.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I get my original 1password6 back? I did not know version 7 was fee based.

Comments

• rnclifford
    rnclifford
    Community Member

How do I get customer support? Where is the on line help, or even better a customer service number!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is detailed help in this AgileBits' post about reverting to 1Password 6.

Others may, however, come along and try to persuade you of the merits of sticking with 1Password 7 (whether with a standalone licence or as a subscriber to 1Password.com). I have chosen to go with 1Password 7 (standalone) because 1Password 6 will no longer be developed.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rnclifford! Contrary to @Stephen_C's guess, I don't think any of us are going to try to persuade you of the merits of sticking with 1Password 7. It speaks for itself, and new full-version upgrades of software are typically associated with a cost. So particularly if you've used 1Password in the past, trialed the new version 7, and you aren't interested in purchasing it or opening a 1password.com membership, then that's about the end of the road: the instructions @Stephen_C linked to should work just fine for you.

• rnclifford
    rnclifford
    Community Member

The other issue, merits of 1P7 not withstanding, what was unusual to me is that this upgrade is a pay service and that was not explicitly made clear to me. I have used 1P for a long time, with many upgrades all along. What is the real advantage of the monthly fee vs the one time license fee? Even with 1P6, I have the software on my MAC, iPad and iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@rnclifford: I'm sorry for the confusion there. 1Password has always been a product we charge for. Otherwise we wouldn't still be here to develop and support it; we'd have gotten jobs somewhere else to pay the bills! The 1Password app is not a service at all; rather, we sell licenses for each version. 1Password.com memberships, however, involve a paid subscription service that includes all of the apps and updates for each platform as well as hosting to access and sync your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But if you're happy using the version you've already paid for, you can continue using that for as long as you have a compatible device to run it on. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: XYZ-28757-815

This discussion has been closed.