Have 1Pswd for ages. Membership? Want newest version for Apple iCloud (3 devices)

Options
lyndaflannery
lyndaflannery
Community Member

Don't know if I have a membership. Have had 1Pswd for ages. Wish newest version for Apple (iPhone/Pad/Mac/Watch). SVP help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Pswd for ages. Membership? Want newest version for Apple iCloud (3 devices)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lyndaflannery

We only started offering 1Password memberships within the last couple of years, so if you’ve been using 1Password longer than that it is unlikely that you have a membership. You can check on your Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts or on an iOS device 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts. If nothing is listed there then you do not have a membership. :)

The best way to get up to date with the latest versions of 1Password on all of your devices is a membership. Membership includes access to the latest versions, as well as any future upgrades, for all of your compatible devices. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And if you’d like to get started with that you can learn about how to migrate your existing data in this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• lyndaflannery
    lyndaflannery
    Community Member
    Options

Ben- I realize that I have already signed in....Purchased an annual membership...Will my original 1Pswd still function w. the '7'?

• lyndaflannery
    lyndaflannery
    Community Member
    Options

..cont'd...I have no idea what I'm doing! No option to install for me only...Can't access my secret code...i.e. don't know how to move existing data > a 1Pswd acc't....SVP Help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lyndaflannery: Yep! You'll use whatever you setup as your Master Password to unlock 1Password and access your data there.

If you've already signed up for an account and have your browser or the 1Password app setup with it, you'll be able to find all of your account credentials there:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

And let me know if you have any questions! :)

• lyndaflannery
    lyndaflannery
    Community Member
    Options

It says I should hava a different secret key, starting with (certain letters/#s)..ie, not accepting my secret key

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lyndaflannery: Indeed, but you'll need to enter not only the correct Secret Key, but also the rest of your account credentials. For example, if I use the wrong email address or sign in address, my own Secret Key will not work.

If you have an individual 1Password.com membership, your sign in address will always be https://my.1password.com/

But if you have a 1Password Families (or Business) membership, you'll have a custom sign in address you setup yourself. For example, "my-dogs-name.1password.com", or something.

Changing your account can confuse things a bit if you don't save a new copy of your Emergency Kit afterward, but you can unlock the 1Password app or sign into 1Password.com with only your Master Password if you've already authorized it to find all of your account credentials there if you're not sure:

https://start.1password.com/apps

This discussion has been closed.