Unable to update on Windows 10 1password 7 not malwarebytes

Options

On my desktop (Win 10) 7.0.558 I'm getting the attached error
Also seeing it on my Surface Pro (Win 10 / 7.0.558)

Only way I'm able to update is by uninstalling & then reinstalling the latest version

I don't have malware bytes installed, but am using Bitdefender.
I've tried disabling the Bitdefender modules but it's made no difference.

1Password Version: 7.0.522
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to update on Windows 10 1password 7 not malwarebytes

Comments

• MortSkil
    MortSkil
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I get exactly the same error message when trying to install the 7.1.567 update to my 7.0.558 version of 1Password running on Win10 Enterprise, 10.0.16299 Build 16299. We use Windows Defender Security Center.
    A brief look into the setup log does not reveal much of interest, but please tell if you want some information for debugging.

• @hkymre @MortSkil is there a Microsoft Edge with 1Password extension running at the time of update by any chance? It could relaunch app too quickly and lock files to be updated too early. A Diagnostics Report can tell us a bit more if you can send it to us.

• MortSkil
    MortSkil
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I have installed the Edge extension, but Edge is not running when I run into the update problem. I have signed out of windows and in again without running Edge after logon, but the update problem persists.
    I have generated a Diagnostics report and will send it to support@agilebits in a moment.

• Thanks, I've replied to your email. I think it could be Edge extension locking app files, Windows can keep background services running even after browser is closed.

• hkymre
    hkymre
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent a diagnostic report through.
    I'm not using the Edge extension on either PC

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hkymre,

Thank you for the new report! We will take a look and get back to you via email soon. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: VJM-11756-376

• hkymre
    hkymre
    Community Member
    Options

Found the culprit - https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRFJ2KJ
    Citrix Receiver which I use to connect to my works network.

Shut that down & updated 1password without issue

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hkymre,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll add that information to our diagnostics report and see if we can reach out to figure out why they're locking that file.

This discussion has been closed.