Has my data gone to your servers? I did not complete account registration

Options
jhk
jhk
Community Member

I'm disappointed never to have received any acknowledgement, nor a reply to an email I sent to support. I started the upgrade process to 7 on my iMac, but pulled the plug for the trial when it started to ask me to input a password. I just cancelled the installation. I now have no idea whether I have (admittedly, no money has changed hands!) a "dormant" account already, and my data has already gone to your servers, or whether I have effectively done nothing. I don't want my information on your servers. All my syncs across computers or devices is by WLAN.
Please tell me what the situation is. I have not given permission for you to have my data, and I trust you to tell me whether you did get it or not. I will be purchasing a license for 7 when I know where I am! Using 6.8.9 on an iMac running 10.13.5

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@jhk

The emails to support are answered in the order received. Since your query deals with account information, the staff refrain from discussion of it in the forums. For your safety and security.

Please make sure you sent in that support request from the email associated with your account. I know your kinda in a spot here with your particular issue. So if in doubt make sure it came from the one you started to setup the account with.

You should have received an auto reply from the ticket system, giving you a ticket number. Please post that ticket number here so the staff can connect the dots as they say. No need to submit any other information, simply the ticket number. They can reply to you, directly from the email.

If you did not get an auto reply please check any junk or spam folders.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jhk! Sorry for our delay in getting back to you—the recent 1Password 7 launch has meant we've been so so busy.

I've just replied to your email myself, so we can continue our discussion there. :)

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Just opened that email!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

ref: YVS-49172-976