Windows download failing to install properly.

Options

When I download 1Password, the installation finishes very quickly and when I try to start the program, it fails immediately. I'm running win 7 ultimate x64 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T450.

I am trying to recover from a crash on my other laptop, a T410. It was also running win 7 ultimate x64.

Also, I purchased 1Password. What do I need to prove this?

Finally, I'm not sure which version of 1Password was running on the crashed system. Will I be able to restore a backup from an earlier version of 1Password on the crashed system to 1Password 7 on the new system.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7 Ultimate
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cbgbz
    cbgbz
    Community Member
    Options

Checking a little further, I have a version file under the 1Password directory that contains the string 0006. I'm assuming that means I was running 1Passowrd 6.

How can I download a copy of 1Password 6?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cbgbz,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear about your computer.

1Password 6 for Windows was focused on our 1Password accounts and did not support standalone licenses. If you purchased 1Password, most likely you have been using a local vault in 1Password 4 for Windows on your T410 laptop. Did 1Password look like this there?

If it did look like this, please specify the following:

Please let us know, so we could understand how to proceed in this situation. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• cbgbz
    cbgbz
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yes. I was using 1Password 4. I purchased it on 22 Jan 2016 order # [redacted]

I did not set up a sync, but I do regular backups and have the 1Password backups.

I hope I can get 1Password running on this system and then recover the logins from the backups.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cbgbz,

I've removed your order #, since this is a public forum.

If you have your backups, please try to do the following on your new PC:

1) Download 1Password 4 for Windows from here.

2) Follow the steps in this guide to restore your backups in 1Password 4.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• cbgbz
    cbgbz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

C.

• cbgbz
    cbgbz
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to work. The only difference I've noticed so far is the logins all have the 1Password icon. Before, some of them had an icon related the website.

As far as the recovery, was there information on the website about how to do this? I didn't see any options to download anything other that version 7.

Thanks for the help,

C.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cbgbz,

The only difference I've noticed so far is the logins all have the 1Password icon. Before, some of them had an icon related the website.

Rich Icons are downloaded on the fly from our image service. Depending on how many items you have, it can take a few hours or a day before 1Password has an icon for all items.

You can force the download for all at once via File menu > Download Rich Icons.

As far as the recovery, was there information on the website about how to do this? I didn't see any options to download anything other that version 7.

I'm not sure I understand the question, Greg linked to that article on how to do this. You get there via the support page here: https://support.1password.com (which is available via 1Password's Help Menu > Get Help). Once you search for backups, it'll show that first article or restore will show it in the 4th article.

• cbgbz
    cbgbz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for both tips.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.