using 1Password with multiple Gmail accounts

I have many, many gmail accounts but I cannot for the life of me get 1Password to save the passwords for all the accounts. Is there an easy way to use 1Password for gmail? I have tried but when I click on the URL I created, it never goes to the right inbox and many times it goes to a screen that asks me for a username/password. The 1Password popup never appears. This has been happening forever and I can't seem to get an answer. Any help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benmitchell1024,

A lot is going to depend on the state of the browser. If you're already logged into a Gmail account and you visit the sign-in URL you're not taken to the sign-in prompt, you're simply redirected to the logged in account. 1Password doesn't have the ability to understand to log you out and revisit the sign-in page before proceeding with logging you in with different credentials. Google also (needlessly in my opinion) spread the sign-in process over multiple screens meaning you will likely need to invoke 1Password more than once. To complete the sign-in process. Try the following.

1. Visit https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail in your browser.
    2. If that doesn't immediately present you with the sign-in prompt log out of the current account so that you reach the screen requesting your email address.
    3. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ on the Mac, ctrl + \ on Windows to instruct 1Password to fill the current page. Select the Login item you wish to use when presented with the helper menu.
    4. Tap enter to continue to the password prompt. 1Password won't submit a form if it only fills a text field, we simply can't be as confident as when we fill a password field.
    5. Repeat step 3 again for the password page, selecting the same Login item so that the password matches the email address.

1Password's open-and-fill feature only works if the sign-in form is loaded by the stored URL. When jumping between Gmail accounts you won't be able to use it to automate the process, you will still need to manually log out. Does that help at all?

This discussion has been closed.