how to migrate data from agile key chain to opvault on 1password windows 4 and mac 1 password

Options

Hi

I use 1 password 4 for windows on 2 x PCs, 1 password 6 on my imac and the iphone app, until yesterday all syncing with an agile key chain on Dropbox.

Yesterday I had to perform a fresh install of MacOs High Sierra which meant I had to redownload 1Password onto my iMac. The only option I could see first time round was for 1password 7 so I installed that. When trying to sync to the agile key chain on Dropbox again I was presented with a message saying that the vault was not an OPvault and did I want to convert it. Not really knowing what I was doing I said yes. After it had converted there was no data showing in the new vault, and I was unable to sync with the agile key chain again. When I went to my PC using 1 password 4 it also had no data in the vault. NOw the only place I can see all my data is on my iphone which cannot sync with the new opvault.

HELP! How do I access my data through this new OP vault?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to migrate data from agile key chain to opvault

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @liamsg,

Sorry for the troubles with 1Password 7 for Mac! You did the right thing by reaching out to us.

The thing is that .agilekeychain is an old format that is no longer supported in 1Password 7 for Mac, but I am not sure why your data was not imported in to your new .opvault there. If you don't have your data in 1Password 7 for Mac now, please do the following:

1) Open 1Password 7 on your Mac, go to Preferences > Sync > Primary and check the path to your new .opvault there.

2) Go to that folder in your Dropbox in Finder and find your .opvault file. Remember where it is located.

3) Check the same directory for a folder with .legacyagilekeychain in its name. This is your old vault.

4) Rename this folder from [name].legacyagilekeychain to [name].agilekeychain.

5) Open 1Password 7 for Mac and go to File > Import > 1Password 6 > Choose file and select your [name].agilekeychain in Dropbox.

This should import your old data from your old vault to your new .opvault in Dropbox location from step two. If everything is okay, you should be able to point other 1Password apps on other devices to this new vault and your data will be in sync.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.