edge extension app warns me to install 1password every time i log in to my machine

I have installed the latest version of 1password 7 and downloaded the Microsoft store app 1password to get the edge extension.

The extension works, but every time I log in to my machine I get a window telling me to make sure 1password is installed before running edge and enabling the extension.

anyway to prevent this from happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ivaho,

Thanks for writing in. This is a known issue (more details here in the pinned thread) with the way Edge works when it is selected as the default browser. Microsoft gives it a special treatment on Windows 10 April 2018 update where it launches first as a suspended process and 1Password extension for some reason runs in that mode, which makes it think 1Password isn't installed.

We've tried fixing it but each time we did, another Windows update breaks it. We're working with Microsoft on a long term solution but for the moment, these are the only options right now:

1. Choose a different browser as the default while using Edge
    2. Close the window to ignore it on every reboot (easiest solution)
    3. Remove 1Password extension from Edge

We're working on a different workaround for Edge but we don't have a timeframe.

This discussion has been closed.