Primary Vault Not Visible on iPad

Rori99
Rori99
Community Member

I have a new iPad and installed family version 1 password with all the sub-vaults, no problem. It did not install my primary vault content that I can see on my iPhone and Mac, I assume because it is private and I originally had only purchased a single license on my machines before I got the family vault so it might have it's own account and master key for this primary vault? What happens if I can't remember this primary vault set up details????Slight panic here :(

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Version 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: Box
Referrer: forum-search:Primary Vault on Mac not displaying on iPad

Comments

• Hi @Rori99,

The "Primary" vault is a standalone vault. It is not part of your 1Password Families membership, which means it doesn't have the benefits afforded to membership vaults (such as automatic off-site backups). You may want to consider copying the contents of the Primary vault into your "Personal" / "Private" vault that is part of your 1Password Families membership, and then deleting the Primary vault.

Please note that when a Primary vault exists the Master Password of that vault is what unlocks 1Password. This password may be different than the Master Password for your 1Password Families membership, but it is also possible that it is the same. If you're able to unlock your iPad, and do not have a Primary vault there, then it is the Master Password for your 1Password Families account that is unlocking that.

You can learn about how to move your data from the Primary vault here:

Move items between vaults - 1Password Support

And you can learn about how to delete the Primary vault here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Rori99
    Rori99
    Community Member

Thank you Ben, I am going to try that now.

• Computerpreacher
    Computerpreacher
    Community Member

Should I then delete my PRIMARY (ICLOUD) Vault since I have a personal Vault with V7 for Mac?

• Computerpreacher
    Computerpreacher
    Community Member

Should I delete my Primary (Icloiud) Vault since I have a personal vault with V7 on mu MAC?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Computerpreacher: If you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account's Personal/Private vault, then yes, I'd recommend removing the Primary vault. It isn't at all connected to your account and will just cause confusion.

This discussion has been closed.