External vault in 1password on android?

Options
asle
asle
Community Member

Is it possible to have an external vault (in Dropbox) in my 1password on android? I can't see where I can add other vaults.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:external vault android

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @asle. You can sync one standalone vault in 1Password on Android, but it needs to be synced before you sign into an account. Are you currently signed into a 1Password.com account? If so, follow these steps to start over:
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?android

Then launch 1Password and sync your Dropbox vault from the welcome screen. You can then sign into your account again by going to Settings > Accounts.

• asle
    asle
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. So I can't have 2 vaults on my Sony mobile? I have several shared 1Password vaults on my Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can, but it isn't possible to use more than one local vault in 1Password for Android. 1Password.com accounts have support for multiple vaults built in though. A 1Password.com membership also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. So multiple vaults are a feature that's important to you, definitely check that out. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.