Logins Not Working on iPhone or iPad

Options
4sojoe
4sojoe
Community Member

I am new to 1Password and I have it loaded on my iPad and iPhone. When I open the application and go to logins or favorites and tap on a particular icon it puts me in edit mode for that particular login. I have the app open and want to do a login and it doesn't do it. Again, I am new to 1password and it may be something I did wrong in the setup. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Logins Not Working on iPhone or iPad

Comments

• 4sojoe
    4sojoe
    Community Member
    Options

I should have mentioned that I have it loaded on my iMac and apple laptop. I loaded on the iMac first.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @4sojoe

I’d recommend taking a read through this guide:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

That should get you pointed in the right direction. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• 4sojoe
    4sojoe
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I am new to 1Password and I haven't been able to use my phone to logon to a website. Everything works on my Laptop and on my iMac but I am doing something wrong on the phone and iPad. Any short note that would layout the steps for using 1Password on the phone and iPad would be greatly appreciated. i.e. Step 1 - open 1Password. Step 2 - Open Safari - step 3 - what???

• 4sojoe
    4sojoe
    Community Member
    Options

Ben - can you also provide instructions on how to regenerate a new password. if you could provide a few links to videos on how to do this I would appreciate it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@4sojoe: Sure thing! As ben mentioned, this guide will help you get started with the 1Password iOS extension:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps

And then you can learn about how to have 1Password create strong passwords for you from the video and instructions here as well:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Be sure to let me know if you have any questions at all. Happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.