1PW7 Pro Accounts

Peter_HQ
Peter_HQ
Community Member

We have a pro account with about 10 users. I updated to 1PW7, and lost the ability to use the browser extension. When I would click on the icon to open the extension, nothing would happen, no dropdown, no reaction. I tried re-installing the extension, and rebooting my Mac - neither of which fixed the issue. I have since down graded back to 1PW6, since the browser extension is an integral part of my work flow.

Does the Pro license cover 1PW7?

Should the browser extension have been working?

If it is not covered in the license, how do I add it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1.901
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Peter_HQ: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You won't be able to fill using the browser extension if the app is not registered either with a valid license or membership. If you're using Dropbox, it sounds like you don't have a 1Password.com account at all. You only would if you'd signed up for a 1Password.com membership, which does include all of the apps. A license, on the other hand, is for a specific version of 1Password. So if you have a license for 1Password for mac version 6, version 7 will be a separate purchase. You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it also includes the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But either way let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help. :)

• Peter_HQ
    Peter_HQ
    Community Member

My company manages a pro account for us, and we have a 1password.com account there. I also access my personal vault, which is stored in dropbox. I was not able to use the browser extension in any way, so I thought that it might be an account conflict between the two vaults.

1Password continues to want to be updated to version 7, but I see no way to make sure that the browser extension will work. If I need to update the license to version 7, where at 1password.com do I go to do that?

• Hi @Peter_HQ,

Which browser are you using? If you're using Safari you'll want to make sure that you're using our extension from the Safari Extension Gallery. If using Chrome or Firefox, the existing extensions are expected to work.

If you've got both the 1Password Teams account and your Dropbox based vault in 1Password 7 you shouldn't need an additional license as the 1Password Teams account will behave as your license in 1Password 7.

Rick

• Peter_HQ
    Peter_HQ
    Community Member

I have tried both chrome and Firefox, and neither browser extension works. I have a co-worker that is still on 1PW7, and neither of his browser extension are working.

• rob
    rob
    edited July 2018

Hi, @Peter_HQ.

That's a head-scratcher to be sure. I think we're going to have to look at some diagnostics to figure out what's happening here. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92423/1pw7-pro-accounts
    • Your forum username: Peter_HQ

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks!

ref: CNJ-21657-347

This discussion has been closed.