Recurring issue in public or cellular only

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have had this happen to me. When outside of my home, whenever I do a search for login items, I encountered this odd issue where the search is :

1) never relevant when All Vaults is selected. I can go through each 1Password.com vault and they are fine.

2) 1st Search item on TOP is shown as partial item. I am using the SE.

Thanks.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: I'm not sure I understand. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

2) 1st Search item on TOP is shown as partial item. I am using the SE.

Sounds like the same bug, still unresolved, that you reported here:

Issue with search : 1st item obscured, 2nd onwards visible. [known issue on 4" display devices]

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

SJK, That's the issue I was mentioning. Thanks.

The other issue when it happens again, I'll take a screenshot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, okay. I was thinking something else. Please do! :) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

The problem is gone now, so it is just intermittent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it's working normally for you again. Sounds like the issues I have here in some places with signal issues.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Hi @brenty

Per the screenshot, I have about 200 items total missing that should be there but isn’t. I am on cellular now.

I have realised that I actually hid 1Password Demo vaults created from local AgileKeychains. It still doesn’t explain some missing items.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: I'm not certain I understand what is "missing". If we're just going by the screenshot, the item counts of all of the categories together exactly matches the count for "All Items". Do you maybe have data in another account or vault which you haven't yet added to 1Password on this iPad?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Yeah @brenty but when I go to search for logins, some logins don’t seem to appear but it does like right now on my iPhone but not on the iPad (excluding the hidden ones). It is weird.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: When you do a search, make sure you're using "Search Titles" or "Search Everything" as appropriate. I always forget that. :tongue:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

OK I will look again but I thought Search Titles is selected by default? It was when I tried it on my iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: "Search Titles" is the default, but if you switch it to "Search Everything", that should persist across multiple sessions. I usually use that now to avoid mishaps, thinking I've lost something again when I just can't remember the title. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

I never considered this discussion to be relevant for my issue.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/84967/search-not-returning-results-in-category-view#latest

I will observe and report back.

I wonder if this issue is a refresh issue when the screen improperly displays the results? I am not seeing with Logins (left side in Categories) selected.

• @wkleem: I still can't reproduce the issue in the thread you linked. If I search without selecting a category, everything I tried still returned proper results, but intermittent issues always are tough, so it'll be good to hear what you find as well. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Hi @bundtkate,

I will attempt a screenshot when possible. As previously indicated, 4" screens get the partially or fully obscured logins in a search and only 4" devices. In my case it is can be irrespective of the results displayed.

Thanks.

• @wkleem: Specifically re: the 4" screen issue, I've seen that and it looks like it's still an issue with 1Password 6 for iOS (my 4" screen is a 5c, so it's stuck on iOS 10 :frown: ). I believe this problem is corrected in 1Password 7, but lack an appropriate 4" screen to test with so I'm open to being proved wrong. :wink:

Searching All Items in 1Password 6, I'm all good, but I do still see the letter separator over the first result when searching a category. That said, scrolling the list corrects this for me, so it's a bit bothersome, but not unworkable (at least from what I'm experiencing). If you're see something different (ie - results not being returned at all as it sounds like you were seeing before) or you're seeing this in 1Password 7 as well, the screenshot would be most welcome when you get the chance. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

1) never relevant when All Vaults is selected. I can go through each 1Password.com vault and they are fine

Here is a completely mismatched result. Worked OK after the second attempt restarting 1Password. With wifi on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Thanks for that! It looks like this may be related to a bug we've fixed in the beta. It should be available as a stable realest soon. Can you let me know if the next update resolves this for you or not?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Sure. Looking forward to it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Shouldn't be long at all. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

It appears to have been reported multiple times, by others. Great!

• @wkleem,

You should see 7.0.4 live in the store now.

Rudy

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@rudy,

Got it. Thanks.

• @wkleem,

:) :+1:

Rudy

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

V7.0.6 still showing signs of search mismatch. I started a new thread which should be here?

• I responded in your other thread. Let’s continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.