Odd Selection & Display Behavior when Searching for Items in 1PW7 App

Hi,

Not sure how to clearly describe this issue but hopefully this is sufficient...

I’m experiencing some odd selection and display behavior in search results within the main 1Password for Windows app. This does not happen every single time, but often enough to be annoying. It also happens most frequently immediately after attempting a search after unlocking and selecting Show 1Password via the browser extension.

Here’s the typical sequence to replicate:

1. Unlock 1Password from Chrome browser extension.
  2. Select “Show 1Password” from Settings menu option of 1Password Mini.
  3. Type a partial string into “Search All Vaults” search bar of 1Password main application until I start to see a set of relevant items in the search results list.
  4. At this point, 1Password has highlighted one item in grey within the results list. However, there is nothing displayed in the corresponding Item Details pane to the right of the window for that grey highlighted item.
  5. If I click on that grey highlighted item again, the highlight turns blue. However, there still is nothing displayed in the Item Details pane. This behavior continues no matter how many times I single-click on that initially highlighted item. If I click fast enough to double-click I am taken to the correct website for that grey highlighted item though.

And the work-around:

• To view the initial grey highlighted item, I first need to click on a different item (it doesn't seem to matter which one I pick) in the search results list. That item is immediately highlighted in blue and its corresponding information is immediately displayed in the Item Details pane as expected. Now if I click back on the first initially highlighted item, it is highlighted in blue and 1Password correctly displays information for that item in the Item Details pane. From this point onward, the highlighting of search results and display of corresponding information in the Item Details pane works as expected for subsequent searches.

Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Win10 Build 17134
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ArcTangent: Indeed, this is a known limitation of the way things are setup currently, as 1Password ends up refreshing the data and causing some display issues like this. The bad news is that there isn't a solution for this right now. But the good news is that we're focused on doing some optimizations and refactoring things under the hood now that version 7 (and 7.1 with Watchtower!) is out the door. So while I can't offer a time frame, this is one of the issues we're looking to address in upcoming updates. :)

• ArcTangent
    ArcTangent
    Community Member

@brenty, thanks for explaining the cause and confirming it's in the list of issues to resolve. I reviewed the "Known Issues in 1PW7 for Windows" post and didn't see something similar, hence my post. Clearly not a new item, so perhaps adding it to that list would help others seeing the same thing and minimize subsequent duplicate posts?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ArcTangent,

Thank you for your suggestion! We will consider adding it there.

We track this issue internally and get in touch with you once we have more news on it. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks! :+1:

ref: OPW-1834

This discussion has been closed.