Generated passwords are used when checking for "Reused Passwords" [Intentional atm]

Options
Midkiff87
Midkiff87
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When using the 1Password mini password generator, 1P automatically saves that as a password token in the vault. This is incredibly useful for making sure you don't accidentally lose your generated password for whatever reason (especially on older sites where 1P doesn't autodetect password entry fields properly).

However, in the amazing "Reused Passwords" section, these generated passwords cause the logins they were used for to show up. The way I work around this is to just clean out my password Category (ctrl + a, move to trash) after I've verified that the password made it into the login token.

Since I don't use the password category for anything, I would recommend adding a setting somewhere to exclude the password category for this comparison

Also, is it recommended to leave the generated passwords there, since they don't really matter after a while?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10, Windows 7
Sync Type: Default

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @Midkiff87,

Sorry for this inconvenience!

This is an intentional behaviour at the moment. We have plans to add the automatic cleanup in the future, please see this reply from Mike in a neighbour thread.

Let me know if it helps and answers your question. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Midkiff87
    Midkiff87
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg this does help, thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Midkiff87: You are welcome! :chuffed:

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always ready to help. Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.