To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need your help to convert to Family Plan for Mac App Store version

egilbert0000
egilbert0000
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Memberships

I was given incorrect (confusing/misleading) information from one of your support reps, and now I'm stuck with an Individual Plan trial subscription through the iTunes Store subscription service and I cannot see any way to move this to Family Plan as I requested to be able to do and was told I could do. Horribly frustrating.

I found this support thread from your support site: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86226/upgrade-to-family-plan-with-membership-bought-at-apple-store

So I assume this is the process I now need to go through to make things right and get on with my life? I'm starting this new support article so that I can have an individual support thread with you myself, much as the individual in the referenced article above, to work through this process one step at a time. Please reply back and confirm for me that this is my only path to success (that you have not developed a more efficient way to do this since the above-referenced support discussion occurred), and that my first step is in fact to "Cancel" my current Individual Plan trial subscription through the iTunes Store subscription manager. Once I hear back from you that this is in fact the appropriate path and first step, I will take that action and we will continue to use this support thread to get me through the rest of this process as soon as can possibly be done, please.

Thanks and I apologize for my tone, but I really did try through multiple emails this week to make sure I was on the right path, and the support rep still allowed me to get into this mess. Please reply promptly -- I need to get this cleaned up and move on.

ref: EVZ-58799-255

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:family plan upgrade from mac app store

Comments

• Hi @egilbert0000 - I'm so sorry you weren't able to select a Families account using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. This is easily remedied and I have just replied to your support ticket to help you.

• britonish
    britonish
    Community Member

Same problem here! Started the subscription from iTunes and was not able to access the Family Plan. Cancelled iTunes trial. Contacted support via email nearly two weeks ago and no response. This is very frustrating as I have been using 1Password since the beginning and always bought the family upgrades and supported Agilebits. Now we have a mess across our computers. Please can you switch our account to a Family Plan as there is no way for us to manually do this until the trial runs out in two weeks! It always used to be so easy to upgrade but this has been a disaster and the online help documents are not clear!

• LauraR
    edited June 2018

Hi @britonish - I have now replied to your ticket and I sincerely apologize for the delay.

ref: LWV-79251-467

• mdzwarts
    mdzwarts
    Community Member

Hi, I also got no option to select Family account at the App store, and have cancelled my trial. Can you please change my plan to Family? Keen to get this sorted soon.

• LauraR
    edited June 2018

@mdzwarts - please can you email us at support+forum@1Password.com and we will be happy to help you with this. Please post your support ID here once you have one.

• mdzwarts
    mdzwarts
    Community Member

JMB-74836-287, Thank you!

• LauraR
    edited July 2018

Thanks @mdzwarts - I have replied to your support ticket :)

ref: JMB-74836-287

• zwief
    zwief
    Community Member

I mistakenly signed up for an individual account when I wanted a family account. Can you help me convert my account to the family plan, please?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @zwief

We'd be happy to help, but because this process involves account specific details we'll only be able to assist via email. Please see Laura's instructions above: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/445908/#Comment_445908

Thanks!

Ben

ref: GCL-93147-321

• waynelin
    waynelin
    Community Member

Hi there, I'm also trying to make the same conversion from standalone to family account. Can you help?

My support ticket ID is: #HKB-18229-138

Thank you!

• Hi @waynelin - I have replied to your support ticket

ref: HKB-18229-138

• waynelin
    waynelin
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply @LauraR.

Do I get to apply any monetary credits from converting an individual standalone to the family plan? Or do I essentially need to purchase the family plan from scratch? Both my dad and I had purchased separate standalone accounts so I was wondering how that works when converting to family plan.

• @waynelin - I can help you with all this in the support ticket. Just reply back to it, thanks :)

• waynelin
    waynelin
    Community Member

Ok will do. Thanks!

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.