Created login using 1Password X in chrome, but it's not appearing in 1Password 7 for windows

I created a login using 1Password X in chrome, but it's not appearing in 1Password 7 for windows. Is there some way to force it to sync? I'm using 1Password online.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: X 1.7.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password for windows sync

Comments

• HI @matty666,

Thanks for writing in.

They both are two separate products but they should be using your 1Password account to sync.

First, in the 1Password desktop app, make sure you're in All Vaults or the Personal/Private vault; 1Password X saves to your Personal/Private vault but 1Password desktop app could be looking at a different vault like Shared.

Try creating a new Login item in 1Password desktop and see if it shows up in 1Password X or 1Password.com web app.

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Yeah normally I don't notice when I save a login in one of the apps/extensions and then try and use it in the other, they just get sync'd and appear. 1Password 7 for windows was not seeing the change this time though. I ended up exiting the windows app and restarting it and after a short wait it did the sync and the login appeared for use.

Not sure why it wasn't doing that the first time.

Matt

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @matty666,

Thank you for the update! If you bump into this issue again, please try to lock/unlock 1Password 7 app and check if it triggers sync of your items. Hopefully, it was a one-time glitch. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

@Greg, will do

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@matty666: :+1: :)

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

@Greg I've had a few other occurrences of this. Yesterday I used the password generator a number of times from the system tray icon, but only the first instance of the new password would show up in 1 password 7 for windows. I didn't do anything to try and get them to appear, I just created a new password and pasted that directly into the 1password item I was editing. I shutdown my machine for the day and this morning on opening 1Password I can see that all the passwords I generated are there now.

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@Greg I've just had this issue again, I was changing a password and used the password suggested by 1password, saved the web form and 1password didn't offer to save the new login. This was all done using 1PasswordX in firefox.

So I checked the passwords list in the windows app, and it only has the ones I created yesterday. I tried locking and unlocking the app and that has made no difference.

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I thought I'd try to see if I could see the password in the list in 1PasswordX but trying to find the password in there is crazy... The list is sorted by title and I can't see a way to change the sort order. The 'P' section where all the un-named generated passwords are stored seems to have a crazy order, its sorting alphabetically by date?

• Hi @matty666,

I've moved your thread to the 1Password X forum, so the 1Password X team can investigate this for you. 1Password X is a separate product with a different team developing it, so they should be able to help explain what's going on.

1. Yes, your passwords list is sorted alphabetically, you can see the header on top showing P first.
    2. Try clicking the password generator option in 1Password X's sidebar and click on the Generator History, you may find your new passwords there.
This discussion has been closed.