Old System, Windows 8.1 and 1Password 6 - New System Windows 10 and 1Password7 - Licence Issue

Options

Hi,

I have used 1Password 6 happily for over a year now. We have moved offices and have new computers installed. I have tried to install 1Password 7, the program renamed the old vault and converted to something else. I can see all my passwords in 1Password 7 but they are read only. I have tried to use the 1Password 6 activation key/file but say cannot find it.

I am using dropbox.

Is there a work around for this so i can use 1Password 7 with my licence?

if not, can i download 1Password 6 and continue from where i left off?

Thank you! :)

1Password Version: 6 to 7?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• insite
    insite
    Community Member
    Options

I have just setup a teams account, so no worries here, would still like to know if 1P6 is still available for download?

Cheers

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @insite,

Thanks for writing in.

If you sign in to your 1Password account, it will remove the license restrictions from the standalone vaults as well. It is read-only if you don't have a 1Password account and need to purchase a license. 1Password 6 had no official support for standalone vaults and had no licensing support either, were you using 1Password 4 alongside 1Password 6?

In other words, 1Password 7 is the first version since 1Password 4 that supports licenses and standalone vaults. 1Password 6 did not let you write or modify the standalone vaults, there were no code at all to be able to do that as it was implemented only in 1Password 7.

I have just setup a teams account, so no worries here, would still like to know if 1P6 is still available for download?

Are you saying you still cannot make changes to your standalone vaults if you've signed in to your 1Password account?

You can find and download older 1Password versions from here.

We don't recommend using older versions of 1Password at all and you won't be able to modify standalone vaults either, it was never implemented in the first place.

If you're looking for 1Password 4, you can find it at the bottom right of our downloads page here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

I can see all my passwords in 1Password 7 but they are read only. I have tried to use the 1Password 6 activation key/file but say cannot find it.

1Password 7 (for all platforms) will only be supporting OPVault, Agile Keychain vaults will be converted to OPVault for you. You'll need to reconfigure the rest of your 1Password apps to use the new OPVault with this guide: https://support.1password.com/cs/switch-to-opvault/

This discussion has been closed.