In iOS 11.4 on an iPhone 6 Plus, should 1Password be activated(or on) in Cellular Data Options?

jazzman
jazzman
Community Member

I know having it on allows 1Pass to communicate across the Internet, but why would that be a necessity? I'm not sure how having this on provides any advantage, and I'm not sure how having it off has a downside. Please enlighten me here.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• It's up to you, but I'd leave it on. 1Password can work well without an internet connection for some period of time. You will need to periodically use 1Password while connected to Wi-Fi in order to sync changes to your other devices, or with 1Password.com. Also, if you have a 1Password.com account, you need to periodically check in with the server or your device will log out.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jazzman, as long as you connect to a WiFi network often enough for your data to sync across devices, cellular data is technically not a requirement as 1Password is made to work offline. We highly recommend that you keep it on just in case a sync needs to take place or you are away from a Wifi network for a long period of time. 1Password should not eat up much data. I have had 1Password enabled in my cellular options and during my current statistics period for the cellular data (more than 1 year), 1Password has only used 2.1 MB in total.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@JadC and @chadseld,

Excellent answers, and I appreciate them. Agilebits Team Members do a great job!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the compliment @jazzman! Glad we could help!

This discussion has been closed.