Renamed my private vault, new name does not appear on 1Password.com

Chris100
Chris100
Community Member

On MacOS running 1Password 7.0.4, I renamed my private vault to my first name.

The new name shows on iOS, but on 1Password.com it still shows this vault under the name "Private".

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited June 2018

Hi, @Chris100.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I believe that you found a bug in the Mac app since the Private vault should not be renamed. As you noticed, the web app shows the name "Private" no matter what. I'm going to check with my team about this and get back to you.

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member

Thanks. I’ll await your response.

• rob
    rob
    edited July 2018

Hi, @Chris100. It looks like we're going to have to review this a bit more. We may simply change the web app to display whatever name is set in the Mac app. Until then, I'm sorry for the annoyance. I hope we'll be able to address this soon.

ref: apple-1695

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member

No worries, it is super minor. As long as I didn’t break anything, I can easily live with it.

• It may cause some confusion in the mean time as the Mac app will show a different name from the web interface, so you may want to consider changing the name in the Mac app back until we have a resolution. But if you’re happy with that situation it shouldn’t cause any issues from a technical perspective. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.