Loss of secret key

virii
virii
Community Member

I recently had a breach in my home network. I factory reset my phone and recovered my email account but it seems I don't have the correct emergency kit. My 1Password account is secured with email, key, password, and 2FA. Every password I have is on that account. I tried emailing twice and have gotten no response.

I've read the forums and horridly read that all is now lost it seems simply because of one link in a chain...the secret key.

I pay an annual membership for this software and get no help whatsoever. Who do I need to call or speak with to get this taken care of?

1Password Version: 7.0-beta 13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Oreo 8.1
Sync Type: my.1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@virii: To be completely clear, you losing your account credentials isn't something we can get "taken care of" for you; we never have your Secret Key or Master Password. If you really do not have both of those, you will not be able to access your account. There is no backdoor. You may be able to find your Secret Key in one of the following places though:

I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. But if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Otherwise, you should focus on making sure you save your data. If you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things:

Are you able to access your data on one of your devices still?

Did you backup or export your 1Password data at some point?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

• virii
    virii
    Community Member

The only thing I thought I saved was the emergency kit. However I had changed the key after that was pdf was saved.

• virii
    virii
    Community Member

So no I don't have the secret key...

• virii
    virii
    Community Member

I have however already paid for the account. So where do we go from here?

• virii
    virii
    Community Member

Still no word on resetting my account? If I can't get back into it then I would like a refund on my annual subscription that I just paid for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Sorry, I didn't realize you we're replying here too. I'll close this and we can tie up any other loose ends via email.

And if anyone else needs help starting over with a new account, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can look into it without exchanging any sensitive account details here in a public forum. Always happy to help!

ref: UXU-13166-963

This discussion has been closed.