To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Frozen account after 30 day trial - can't go back?

Options
Jessa_D
Jessa_D
Community Member

Hi all,

I have used the 1Password app on my iPhone for a few years now.
I recently moved to an Android phone so I started the 30 day free trial in order to swap my data over.
Now the trial has run out, my account is frozen? Can't I just go back to using the free (limited) version.
I don't require the features that are included in the paid version so I'm probably just going to use a different app if I can't go back.

Thanks all!
Jessa

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• aless279
    aless279
    Community Member
    Options

I'm exactly in the same situation you are Jessa_D. I need to go back to my old version. I sent an email 4 days ago and no answer yet. I just want the old version and be able to add new passwords that's it .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jessa_D, @aless279: There is no "free version" of 1Password, but you can use the standalone app in a limited fashion. The easiest thing would be setup the app to use your original vault again instead of the account, but it isn't at all clear from your comments that you know where you have that. If you were syncing with Dropbox for example, it would just be a matter of reinstalling the app to set it up with the data there again. Otherwise you can copy your data into a local vault from the account. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, includes offsite backup for your 1Password data, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data — along with many other benefits. But it's totally up to you. :)

• Jessa_D
    Jessa_D
    Community Member
    Options

I'm fairly sure it was syncing to the iCloud on my iPhone but I've never used it on another device so not 100% sure. I don't have the options in my app that you linked to to copy my data - is that a desktop only option? Seems odd! When I go to advanced options there are only options for diagnosis and screenshots??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm fairly sure it was syncing to the iCloud on my iPhone but I've never used it on another device so not 100% sure.

@Jessa_D: That's good to know! If you were syncing your 1Password data with iCloud, you'll have data there still unless you deleted it yourself.

I don't have the options in my app that you linked to to copy my data - is that a desktop only option? Seems odd! When I go to advanced options there are only options for diagnosis and screenshots??

It sounds like you were looking at the instructions for the desktop app, probably because you were viewing it on a computer. You can select the "iOS" option there to view information for that version. If you have a computer though, it may be easier to just do things there. If you have already setup 1Password with your account, follow the instructions. Otherwise, if you haven't yet used 1Password there, set it up and choose the iCloud option to see if that gets you the data.

• Jessa_D
    Jessa_D
    Community Member
    Options

But I don't have the iPhone anymore as I moved to android so no icould either. I was viewing the instructions on my phone so now I'm really confused haha

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jessa_D: Ah, gotcha. So the iPhone is completely gone? I am a bit confused too then, but we'll get it sorted. :) Do you have a computer? If so, what operating system does it have?

• Jessa_D
    Jessa_D
    Community Member
    Options

Yep gone ☹️ I have a Macbook though, should I download 1password onto that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Jessa_D: That sounds like a good option. :) Since your MacBook should be able to use iCloud, you should also be able to sync your 1Password data there. It's a separate purchase if you don't have a 1Password.com membership, but that should at least help you get back up and running with the iPhone out of the picture. You can install it from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Then you can set it up with your existing data in iCloud and then switch to Dropbox to sync with your Android device.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

But either way, let me know if you have any questions!

• Jessa_D
    Jessa_D
    Community Member
    Options

Thankyou I'll give that a go

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.