To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I consolidate content from existing 1P6 vault into new subscription. I have 2 Master Passwds.

jcmartin
jcmartin
Community Member

In signing up for the subscription based account I created another Master Password. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I wonder if I will be able to consolidate back to a single password. Help. We do not want your product to be renamed “2Password”.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just switched from a license (1P6) to a subscription & created a new Master Passw

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @jcmartin

Yep, you most definitely can. The problem here is that you likely still have your old standalone vault (called Primary) sticking around in the app. Has all of your data been safely migrated over to your membership vault (named either Private or Personal) or are there things missing and only available in the Primary vault?

• jcmartin
    jcmartin
    Community Member

I haven’t started the migration process yet. Was waiting to be sure I hadn’t headed down a dead end.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Oh well then @jcmartin, in that cases absolutely. The migration process will move all of your data over to your new account vault and then will prompt you to remove the old Primary vault. Once that is done, the Master Password associated with your new 1Password membership will be the one expected in order to unlock 1Password.

• jcmartin
    jcmartin
    Community Member

Great! I’m tired of the old Master Password anyway! Thanks

• On behalf of Corey you’re very welcome. :+1: :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.