1password fail

cowger
cowger
Community Member

I use (used) 1password on both my Android and IOS devices. Recently my Android device died so I installed 1password on my replacement but it failed to allow access to my Dropbox-based information. The error message was that my e-mail, code, and/or password were incorrect, though I am 100% confident that all were actually correctly entered.

Your app failed to do the ONE THING it was designed to do, which is to enable cloud-based storage to be accessed when I really needed it.

Disappointing, to put it mildly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cowger: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the confusion, but this isn't a 1Password failure. It sounds like you're trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. In your case, it sounds like you just need to set it up with your existing vault in Dropbox. Nothing we do can make 1Password let you sign into an account you don't have, but that should do the trick for you. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.