Since a few days ago I'm getting a message "Cannot sign in. Request timed out" on my laptop.

I get the message "Cannot sign in. Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down". However I have internet access. I can still get in via my phone. I'm using Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162.
Thanks, Bill

1Password Version: 472
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sign in

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BillMorris: Thanks for reaching out! What are you trying to do exactly? Where are you seeing this error? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• petermcm
    petermcm
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I have been having a similar trouble for the last few months trying to install 1Password into Firefox (never worked so far in the browser)

"Cannot sign in.
    Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down."

p.s I am not a slow typer

System: Win10 Pro 64 bit, Firefox v61.0 64 bit (latest), 1Password extension v1.7.4 (latest)

I have tried many times over last few months in case it was a temp bug with any of above software but no luck ever - same message

Same login details work ok with Chrome and it's 1Password plugin though
    Firefox works ok with other other websites...

Update: ** Solved **

The cause of the issue was the "NoScript" plugin I had installed.
    Once I disabled "NoScript" the 1Password login worked :)

• petermcm
    petermcm
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Update ** Solved ** (my issue)

The curse of the issue was the "NoScript" plugin I had installed.
    Once I disabled "NoScript" the 1Password login worked

• Hi @petermcm,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you figured it out. We'll try to find a way to notify folks in advance if they see that error on the website.

This discussion has been closed.