1Password in Chrome 67.0.3396.87 stopped auto-loading

Options

1Password stopped auto-loading (auto-enter) logins after entering the credentials.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Slobie Taboobie: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that! I wonder if you could perform a test for me there: are you able to fill using the keyboard shortcut — ⌘ \? How about using the mouse to select the login to fill in Chrome? If the answer to both of these is "no", do you maybe not have both Chrome and 1Password in the system /Applications folder? Otherwise, something may be hung up in Chrome itself, invalidating its signature and preventing 1Password from connecting. Let me know what you find!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Slobie Taboobie: Ohhh it's not submitting the form. Gotcha. When you said "auto-loading (auto-enter)" I thought it wasn't filling anything either. Thanks for clarifying! if you go into 1Password Preferences > Browsers and then disable "Automatically sign in" and re-enable it, what happens? Any error there? Or does it fill and submit correctly after that? Also double check that the login you're trying to use doesn't have "Submit" set to "Never". Thanks in advance!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Slobie Taboobie,

While it won't make it any more palatable I don't believe we're looking at a simple bug. If were a simple bug more people would be affected. While I have dealt with a number of people having issues with submit after filling so far all the cases I've personally handled were to do with the fact that 1Password 7 needs to write a specific file to disk and needs to request permission to do so as a result of 1Password 7 being sandboxed.

Let's take a look at a diagnostic report from one of these Macs. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate the email and we'll see if it reveals anything.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers :smile: We'll be in touch shortly.

ref: FLR-18372-382

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is odd. For now we're continuing the conversation via email so you've already received an email back from us (I hope). I can re-send if you haven't for any reason.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Don't worry about it at all. Things take as long as they do and we can easily pick this up when you have the time. The real reason for that reply is in our forums the only way any of us have to ensure we know somebody from 1Password has read a reply is for us to leave the last post. If a thread shows as orange it means we've acknowledged and replied. I'll be notified when you reply to the email and we can figure out why you're experiencing this really weird behaviour.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member
    Options

It think this is related to the OP question. I'm using Chrome with Windows 10. I'm also trying to get certain logins to "auto submit". However; I don't see where that selection is. Could it be that I'm only using the standalone extension and not the actual Desktop application?

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @dribnus,

The 1Password X extension does not have a submit after filling feature so yes, if you're it rather than the native application and companion extension that would explain what you're experiencing.

The submit after filling feature is possibly going away anyway. It is being removed on Mac because security improvements from Apple won't allow how it was previously working. Just so there's no confusion, I completely understand why Apple have had to do what they've done, it's just a pity we had an innocent use for the feature that we're now all better aware could be misused. With its removal on Mac we're now considering what might happen on Windows.

I would hope focus is left on a field where pressing enter will submit the form though and that is regardless of whether you use the companion extension or 1Password X.

• dribnus
    dribnus
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, Ok, thanks for the explanation. I'll just use the focus feature by hitting "enter".

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @dribnus,

Hopefully that doesn't feel too onerous :smile:

If you have any other questions please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.