Unable to access 1Password website signin

aberranticicle
aberranticicle
Community Member

Hi, I have a 32bit iPad running iOS 9, meaning I can’t install the 1P app. Looking for an alternative method of accessing my 1P vault from the iPad, I thought I could use the website instead. However I’m unable to load the /signin URL in either Chrome or Safari. Chrome ‘request desktop site’ doesn’t work either. How can I access the signin page? Or what other method is there for me to access my vault from iOS 9?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

Hi @aberranticicle

The crypto technology we use in 1Password is fairly modern and as such requires a fairly modern device to access it. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to access 1Password from iOS 9. I'd really highly recommend against connecting an iOS 9 device to the internet. iOS 9 was last updated in 2016, which means there has been a lot of time for people to find vulnerabilities in the last release. As it is no longer being updated by Apple, even for security updates, it really isn't prudent to connect it to the internet.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for but I hope that information is helpful.

Ben

P.S. You don't have to take my word for it. You can read about one of the outstanding security issues with iOS 9 right on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_9#Problems (see the last one -- unpatched).

This discussion has been closed.