To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Switched from license to membership, but...

avassigh
avassigh
Community Member

When I switched to 1Password 7, it requires a monthly membership, so I signed up. That in turn converted my old vault to a new format and file. I keep my vault on Dropbox, but now the 4 different devices I use don’t seem to be syncing right.

Comments

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

I add a new entry from one device, but it doesn’t show up on the other device! How can I make sure these devices are accessing/using the same vault on Dropbox?

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

From my laptop, it only seems to give me access to vault “on my PC”. It doesn’t actually show the file on Dropbox, but rather a “cop” under user/owner/apps/dropbox
    Is this why I’m not seeing a real time sync with real Dropbox folder?

• Hi @avassigh

1Password membership doesn't sync via Dropbox. It is a first party service. Please see these instructions for getting your devices on board with your new membership:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please note that you'll also want to remove the Primary vault from 1Password 7 on the original device once you're sure everything is working as expected on your other devices.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

If 1Password membership doesn't sync via Dropbox, then how will all my data be accessible and in sync across multiple devices?

Also, when I follow the instructions to remove the primary vault, all my data disappears. This is very convoluted.

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

Will removing my Primary vault delete the vault or any data; am I at risk of losing any data?

• 1Password membership itself replaces Dropbox in every way that is relevant to 1Password. 1Password membership is the sync service (in addition to a host of other things).

When you sign in to your membership account at https://start.1password.com/ do you see all of your data there? If not then you have not completed the migration to 1Password membership yet. Please do that before deleting the Primary vault:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Ben

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben - I now understand that 1Password itself replaces Dropbox.
    When I sign into my membership acct, I do see all of my data there.
    However, when I go to a device (like my laptop) and delete the vault on my PC, everything vanishes; it says 0 vaults.
    Also, what do you mean by "Primary vault"?

Sorry for being so thick about this.
    ali

• “Primary” is the name of the default standalone (non-membership) vault. Since all of your data is in your membership now you can delete that vault. You’ll want to do that on each device. Instructions are available here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

To see your data on each of your devices (e.x. your laptop) you’ll need to log in to your membership account within 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

:)

Ben

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

Thanks again.
    So, on my laptop, I deleted the primary vault and logged into my membership account, but I still see no data. It shows that I'm signed in, but I see no data. Do I have to delete the vault everywhere first, before any data shows up on any device?
    Sorry for being such a pain, but thank you for your help.
    ali

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

Is there someone I can call and get real time help over the phone; would like to avoid this back-and-forth messaging.

• avassigh
    avassigh
    Community Member

I've followed the instructions (delete Primary vault, get app, sign in, etc.) and still I get zero data showing on my laptop app. When I sign into my account on the web, all my data is there, but not on my laptop Windows 7 app. I've gone through this process multiple times; even uninstall the Windows app and started from scratch... same result, no data showing in the laptop app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again. So, on my laptop, I deleted the primary vault and logged into my membership account, but I still see no data. It shows that I'm signed in, but I see no data. Do I have to delete the vault everywhere first, before any data shows up on any device? Sorry for being such a pain, but thank you for your help.

@avassigh: No worries. One way or another, we'll help you get sorted. :)

Is there someone I can call and get real time help over the phone; would like to avoid this back-and-forth messaging.

We don't have a call center, and frankly it is infeasible to communicate details instructions (especially with screenshots and videos) and technical information over the phone anyway.

I've followed the instructions (delete Primary vault, get app, sign in, etc.) and still I get zero data showing on my laptop app. When I sign into my account on the web, all my data is there, but not on my laptop Windows 7 app. I've gone through this process multiple times; even uninstall the Windows app and started from scratch... same result, no data showing in the laptop app.

It sounds like you haven't yet migrated the data to your account. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be generate a diagnostic report on the device where you can access your 1Password data so we cans how things are setup, and give you specific instructions on how to proceed:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#WWL-17218-293]

If you’re reading this and you are not avassigh, this Support ID is for avassigh only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: WWL-17218-293

This discussion has been closed.