MacOS Mojave beta and 1Password7 error message

Steve2018
Steve2018
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm using MacOS Mojave beta 1 (the public beta) and keep getting this 1Password error message:

The operation couldn’t be completed. /User/~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt: 143:159: execution error: System Events got an error: An error of type -1743 has occurred.

I did an uninstall & reinstall of 1Password7 (7.0.5.BETA-2) but it didn't go away.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.5.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: MacOS Mojave (10.14) beta 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Steve2018,

This is a known issue at this time.

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

Giving V7 beta a whirl and none of my logins submit credentials when selected and entered even though the option is ticked. Also, is there a way to change the way the login choices show up when clicking from a secondary menu in the browser? It's kind of annoying that you click, and whereas before, it would open right at your mouse pointer. This new version opens this box and sorta makes it not quick to use since now you have to scroll to a new screen location and then back to the location in the page to click "log-in" since as previously mentioned auto submit isn't working.

1Password Version: v7.0.5b2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.14
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Steve2018
    Steve2018
    Community Member

Ok, thanks Rudy. I appreciate the quick response.

• DanEpsPA
    DanEpsPA
    Community Member

I'm getting a similar error: Is there a workaround yet?

• @DanEpsPA,

The only workaround at this time is to disable auto-submit on the Browser's tab and manually press the enter key after it has filled.

• @Asyd Rayn,

see this thread, autosubmit does not function at this time on 10.14.

• Steve2018
    Steve2018
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

@rudy I didn't want to start a new post since this is related so I'll post another issue here.

With 1Password 7.1 (beta 0) on MacOS Mojave 10.14 (beta 3), I'm getting the following error message:

1Password Extension Helper would like to control this computer using the accessibility features.

At the end of the error message, I'm presented with two options: Deny or Open System Preferences.

Is this also a known issue? Thanks.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Steve2018,

This happens repeatedly with Mojave 10.14 (beta 4). I assume 1Password will be updated for Mojave before public release.

• @steve2018, @HRD,

Its actually the same reason. Autosubmit is going to be going away as it no longer functions in the way we intended it to.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @rudy,

Noted. Meanwhile, I will remove the preference.

• Steve2018
    Steve2018
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy and @HRD

• :+1:

• ohniner
    ohniner
    Community Member

Just updated my iMac to Mojave and updated 1Pass and immediately started getting the error message "The operation couldn’t be completed. /User/~/Library/Application...". I simply say OK and it appears that everything is normal. I did not turn off AutoSubmit because I could not find where to do it. Should I and where is it please.
    Also is 1Pass mini gone?

• Hi @ohniner ,

1Password mini is not gone, but it is now a native Safari App Extension, so it would have removed the old one if it was there. In Safari, go to the extensions preferences, and turn on the 1Password extension. The 1Password icon should reappear in the Safari toolbar.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.