Chrome - 1Password X - Auto Login possible?

Hi all,

i am using chrome with the extension 1 Password X.
I am missing actually the following request.

It doesn't auto login after filling. This is a big drawback compared to standard extension...am I missing something or is this expected behaviour?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN7
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sirmadspam: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! Indeed, this is expected. It is not currently possible for 1Password X to submit the login form. You'll have to push Return/Enter on the keyboard or click the button to sign in. Perhaps it's something that will be possible in the future, though I would understand if the browser vendors were not super keen on extensions sending keypresses either. We shall see. :)

• daclements
    daclements
    Community Member

This is something that's really frustrating me about 1Password X as well. I guess I'm confused why/how 1Password with the browser extension can achieve this, but 1Password X can't?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daclements: The 1Password desktop extension gets to rely on the native app for almost everything. That's why we have more flexibility with regard to keyboard shortcuts and other things that necessarily rely on things outside the browser. I don't believe it's possible for an extension sandboxed inside the browser to send keystrokes. If nothing else, it's trivial to do that as a native app running at the system level.

This discussion has been closed.