External mouse scroll doesn't work in other apps while 1P is in editing mode

Options
Piggy
Piggy
Community Member

If I am editing an item in 1Password on my MacBook Pro and switch focus to another window like Chrome or even Microsoft Word, scrolling via my Logitech Smart Bluetooth Mouse's scroll wheel does not work. As soon as I get out of 1Password's edit mode I can again scroll in these other applications.

Here are the steps to duplicate:
1. Verify scrolling is working in Chrome, Word etc.
2. Switch focus to 1Password and edit any item via Command-E
3. Switch focus to Chrome, Word, etc. and try to scroll. Scrolling no longer works!
4. Switch focus back to 1Password. Press command-S to save or ESCape to cancel edit.
5. Switch focus back to Chrome, Word, etc. and try to scroll. Scrolling works!

1Password Version: 6.85 (685004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:mouse

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Piggy: I'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing here, so you may want to look for updated drivers. Honestly, it sounds like they're using keyboard scan codes to emulate scrolling or something. It will be something with their hardware or software, as I'm not seeing anything like that with Apple stuff or 3rd party plug-and-play (no driver) mice. Let me know what you find!

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member
    Options

I just tested and found it's specific to my MacBook Pro which uses Logitech Smart Bluetooth not my iMac which uses Logitech regular Bluetooth. I will report to Logitech but I may as well be talking to a rock. Thanks for your follow up!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Piggy: Ah interesting. Thanks for the update! Is that using a custom USB dongle or something? I've only used Logitech's "unified" devices, so maybe that's the difference.

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oh wow. No wonder I was confused! There are certainly a lot more flavours of Bluetooth than I realized. I thought Bluetooth 4.0 was Bluetooth 4.0 and that was that. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.