iPassword X always locking

This has happened from the beginning and still not fixed. 1Password X is always locking even though I changed settings. It a real pain having to unlock it so many times,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:always locking

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@comnexis: Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what are the circumstances under which 1Password X is locking? It should based on its timer, and on the system locking/sleeping as well. Thanks in advance! :)

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

Mac os 10.13.5

Chrome

The very latest 1Password X, but it did same in ALL previous versions

Within 5 min it locks, and the setting i changed to not do that, but it still does

• Thanks for sharing those details, @comnexis. We haven't come across any other reports where 1Password X is locking unexpectedly, so I'd love to learn more about what's going on here. Can you open 1Password X's settings and let me know what you currently have "Lock after system is idle for" set to? You probably already know how to get there, but I'll list the steps below just in case:

1. Open 1Password X from your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Settings.

You'll find the "Lock after system is idle for" preference under "Security".

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

Its set to off , thx.. screenshot attached

• Thanks, @comnexis, screenshots are always very helpful. Seeing as you have "Automatically lock 1Password" disabled, I'm quite surprised that 1Password X is locking without any interaction on your part. I've been digging into this issue a bit and 1Password X has locked/unlocked as expected when adjusting the lock settings. Would you be willing to tell me more about when 1Password X is locking for you? I've outlined some clarifying questions below:

• Is 1Password X consistently locking at regular intervals without any interaction on your part?
    • Is 1Password X locking while Chrome remains open or are you opening/closing Chrome?
    • When 1Password X locks, is your Mac performing any specific actions, such as going to or waking up from sleep?
    • Are you only using 1Password X in a single profile in Chrome, or other profiles/browsers too?

I apologize for all of the questions. I'm just hoping to get a better idea of when and why this behavior is occurring for you.

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

FROM THE TIME I SENT YOU THAT SCREENSHOT IT LOCKED AGAIN.THIS HAS ALWAYS HAPPENED,I EVEN WROTE BEFORE ON THIS.. ITTS WHY I NEVER USE IT.

CHROME REMAINS OPEN

COMPUTER DID NOT GO TO SLEEP USUALLY, SOMETIMES DOES, EITHER WAY IT LOCKS ANYWAY

SINGLE PROFILE

Sorry for the caps Lock!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@comnexis: Like Dalton I'm not seeing that behaviour here, and we haven't had similar reports from other users. I'd like to get a better sense of your situation:

Is it locking while you're actively using Chrome?

Do you have other extensions in Chrome which might be interfering?

Do you have the same problem in a brand new Chrome profile with only 1Password X installed there?

Which version of Chrome are you using?

Which version of 1Password X are you using?

We'll get to the bottom of this. :)

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

yes many times within 5-10 min of not using it

its been happening from 1st day you released it, and thru all the updates in chrome , now using Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Happens even with ALL extensions removed

I am using the latest version of 1Password X - I said EVERY version from the day it started in betta does this

I reported this to you months ago.. its why I dont use X as it a real hassle

thx..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@comnexis: Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that, but earlier you told us your locking issue was resolved. We haven't had reports from anyone else. When did you start having this problem again. That might help us track down the cause. Also, did you try 1Password X in a new Chrome profile?

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

thx :) No i was talking about another issue, the locking issue was NEVER resolved. it always, from day 1, locked no matter what the setting. I tried a new profile previously.

It such a hassle.. i remember lastpass worked like x and never had an issue with them.. like 1Password better and hope you can fix this

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member

Any word on this please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@comnexis: Unfortunately it's not something we have a solution for since this seems to only be happening on your machine. We'll need some more information from your system to try to narrow down what's causing this for you:

1. Open Chrome and go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Under 1Password X, click "background page"
    3. Click "Debug" underneath "1Password X - Password Manager"
    4. Select the "Console" tab
    5. Unlock 1Password X
    6. When 1Password X locks, copy everything in the Console and save it to a text file

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your email before sending:

[#VFP-36713-898]

If you’re reading this and you are not comnexis, this Support ID is for comnexis only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your message to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VFP-36713-898

This discussion has been closed.