Forum - Drafts, issues

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Lounge

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this as it relates to the forum itself.

I'm using Safari on an iMac and all software is up to date.

I am finding that the forum software tool holds onto drafts even after I have posted the update.

I now think this happens mostly when I am not actually logged-in when I type the response. The process of logging in when you click 'Post Comment' seems to be what forces the forum tool to hold the draft.

I've also clicked 'Drafts' above and deleted the draft but they reappear.

I find this confusing especially when I revisit a thread that I have already posted on but the draft is still showing as ready for posting.

Eventually, the drafts disappear, but not immediately I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iwaddo: As you can imagine, this happens to us too. Not ideal, but I prefer it to losing drafts! The only times I've experienced this though, there's been a fairly straightforward reason for it: if you have text in the "Leave a Comment" box, it will be saved as a draft periodically (provided you're connected to the internet). Where I run into issues is having multiple tabs/windows open in different places. Sometimes it's because I've got the same discussion open in different tabs at once (different comments); others it will be on different devices. When I'm having connection issues, sometimes the comment will post successfully, but the draft will not be cleared. THat's less common though. What I experience most is by browser caching things, and then when I reload the page after posting, my text is still there in the comment box and the forum dutifully saves it as a draft again (though I've already posted it). You can delete drafts not only from the Drafts tab at the top, but by holding ⌘ or control when hovering over the Save Draft button, to make it Delete Draft, and then click to remove it that way. But if you still have the page open somewhere else with that draft, it will just save it again. I hope this helps! :)

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@brenty it does help but it does seem a little clunky, I cannot say I have ever experienced this problem on any other forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iwaddo: I agree it would be nice to not have this issue, but again I'd rather deal with that than losing many of the replies I write every day. This forum software has some quirks, but we haven't found anything else that's more suitable for our needs.

This discussion has been closed.