How to migrate my standalone vault to 1Password.com?

Options
jaimeson
jaimeson
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just signed up for families - had previous account on 1password.com that was frozen. Instead was using 1Password 4 for Windows. Trying to migrate data from app to families account at 1password.com. It says you can get it directly from your app, but I guess it doesn't like 1Password 4 because nothing happens. So I tried to download 1password 7 for windows. Clicked on the download link and get this message: No downloads available for OPW7. How am I supposed to migrate my data from my 1password 4 app to my new family account at 1password.com?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't download 1password 7

Comments

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member
    Options

So i was finally able to download and install 1password 7 for windows. For some reason it worked. But it populated with the old vault data in 1password.com that I want to delete. I reopened 1password 4 and exported my logins and was able to import them via a CSV file, but it didn't import my wallet, software, account or notes items. How do I get them?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jaimeson,

Thanks for reporting it.

We apologize for the temporary glitch on our downloads page, we did a deployment of a new backend service that manages the downloads and the downloads page were pointing to the old backend, we've fixed it shortly after that.

It says you can get it directly from your app, but I guess it doesn't like 1Password 4 because nothing happens.

1Password 4 for Windows does not support 1Password accounts, so you do have to use 1Password 7 instead.

I reopened 1password 4 and exported my logins and was able to import them via a CSV file, but it didn't import my wallet, software, account or notes items. How do I get them?

Unfortunately, that isn't the right way of migrating your 1Password standalone vault to your 1Password.com account, we have a detailed guide here on how you can do this: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?windows#sign-in-and-migrate-your-data

CSV does not support exporting all of your categories, it is not designed for it. 1PIF would be better but there is no need to do this because 1Password 7 can just use the vault folder from 1Password 4.

Before you proceed, have you added anything new to your 1Password account yet? If no, it would be easier to start over again and migrate using your 1Password 4 vault file, not CSV file. To do this:

1. Move everything in your 1Password.com account now to the Trash
    2. Use the above guide to move your data using the 1Password vault folders (Agile Keychain or OPVault): https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?windows#sign-in-and-migrate-your-data

If you do not know where your 1Password vault is, open 1Password 4 and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. You should see the path next to 1Password Vault.

I hope this helps!

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. It does. I have another question and will post it separately.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.