BUG: Can't dit URL from saved Login

curdaneta
curdaneta
Community Member

Hello

I'm not able to edit an URL from a saved login. I was trying to change it from http to https and fix the URL but 1Password give me an error. I had to manually add a new URL and delete the original.

NOT NULL constraint failed:
item_urls.item_id

Regards
Ciro

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member

This happened to me today, right after I had generated a new password for the login. The NOT NULL constraint failed error, then after OK, the login item disappears from my 1P. So now i have no way to find my new password that i know of. I don't see it in the trash or in my logins list. Can it be retrieved? What is happening to the login item(s) affected after clicking OK to this error?

• elvismacak
    elvismacak
    Community Member

me, too. I cannot edit the url in the main window with existing items

OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
    Sync Type: Folder

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I confirm this bug. My new login, too, disappeared, after I'd attempted to edit the login URL...but somehow magically returned later. But I no longer dare attempt to edit the login URL. :(

1Password 7.0.5, Firefox with 4.7.2.90 extension, macOS 10.13.5 and WLAN sync.

Stephen

• edythafrancis
    edythafrancis
    Community Member

When performing a password audit using Watchtower, in the Unsecured Website section, if I edit a login item and update the website field and hit command s to save, I get this error:

NOT NULL constraint failed: item_urls.item_id

The item does save successfully, but it's a bit jarring to see the error :)

OS Version: Not Provided

• lroathe
    lroathe
    Community Member

Having the same issue here after updating to 7.0.5 and editing in the 1Password application. After the error, my item in 1Password disappears. Lost two so far.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@lroathe do the items return if you lock and then unlock 1Password? I think that's when my "lost" item returned.

Stephen

• @Stephen_C,

Fix for this one coming as well.

• lroathe
    lroathe
    Community Member

@Stephen_C Just tried it, and yes they did re-appear after I had to unlock 1Password. Thanks!

Glad to hear a fix is coming.

• @lroathe,

7.0.6 is now available.

• nicwaller
    nicwaller
    Community Member

Awesome! 7.0.6 fixes the issue with item_urls.item_id when saving changes to a website URL in an existing entry.

This was pretty frustrating to encounter immediately after upgrading to 1Password 7 (which is otherwise fantastic) so I'm glad it was fixed so quickly!

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member

I'm still getting this error, but am unsure if it is just with one item or several since every time I encounter it...problems cascade across synched devices so I"m not inclined to test too much

• Tim1961
    Tim1961
    Community Member

I'm still getting the error as well after updating to 7.0.6. Same STR as the others. Same assertion.

• karlnyhus
    karlnyhus
    Community Member

Not null constraint failed item_urls.item_id 1Password 7.0.6 70006000 standalone product on MBP. Trying to perform recommended change from http to https.

• lroathe
    lroathe
    Community Member

@rudy Unfortunately the crash continues to happen in 7.0.6. I, also, am attempting to perform recommended change from http to https for an item. Screen attached.

• bkendig
    bkendig
    Community Member

Likewise - I'm also seeing this problem in 7.0.6 this morning.

• Smoky Fred
    Smoky Fred
    Community Member

I also just got this error after creating an item and saving it. I then tried to edit the URL, got the above error message AND THE LOGIN WAS COMPLETELY DELETED INCLUDING THE GENERATED PASSWORD!!!!!!

I'm going to entirely remove 1P 7.0.6 and revert to 7.05b3 which used to work. Hopefully, it still does.

Not a happy camper!

Fred

• Smoky Fred
    Smoky Fred
    Community Member

Okay, good news. I completely uninstalled 7.0.6 using CleanMyMac, making sure my vault was still intact on Dropbox.

I then retrieved 7.0.5b-3 from Time Machine, installed it, logging into the app successfully.

I then started Safari (still had extension 4.7.2 installed) and navigated to the website that I had created the password for earlier.

Holding my breath, I clicked on the extension and it worked! Not only that, but the login was still there with the password!

However, the URL was still wrong. So I edited the item, clicked Save and Yes! It was saved and all is good.

Looks like AgileBits needs to do more code checking for 7.0.5/7.0.6 to see what broke since 7.0.5b-3.

Fred

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

With 7.0.6 update

When the error failed item_urls.item_id happened, the item disappears.
    Just lock then unlock and item is back, but without the url recorded modification.

I have also at that error moment, some dummy ghost files in the Trash, disappearing after lock/unlock.

• Hi everyone. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble here. We have a fix in place and are planning on pushing out a 7.0.7 build. I will post back here once that's done.

• agtoau
    agtoau
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I use it on my Mac Pro (latest macOS) with a standalone license. After yesterday's update (7.0.6), an annoying bug has crept in. After I manually edit an entry and do "Save" it gives me the following pop-up window (see attachment), and if I hit 'OK' the entire Login entry is deleted. I have to then quit and wait for a while before it comes back. This is unacceptable.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member

Same! Manually tried to edit a URL in a saved login and got the error. The login appeared to be deleted, but force-closing 1P and restarting it brings the saved login back.

• agtoau
    agtoau
    Community Member

Good to head that it ain't just me :-).

• agtoau
    agtoau
    Community Member

I see there's already a thread on this bug. Sorry about that. Moderators may merge or remove this thread.

• Hi again, folks. 1Password 7.0.7 is now live with this fix. Thanks for the heads up here.

• agtoau
    agtoau
    Community Member

Thanks. Looks like it is fixed now.

• Thank you for that confirmation @agtoau

This discussion has been closed.