Would like the browser plugins to be able to query a local vault as well (if configured).

scothrell
scothrell
Community Member

I've seen several similar, but not quite the same, questions..none of which seemed to address what I am looking for. I have family account, I also have a local vault on my work laptop. Policy prevents me from storing passwords except on my local drive. I can use the local vault with the local installation of 1Password; that's working fine. What I'd like to be able to do is to configure my browser plugins to also use my local vault. I wouldn't want this to be the default behavior, rather should have to configure it to do so; and I'd like to be able to specify the order, online vs. local, that get's checked first.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 1.8
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• scothrell
    scothrell
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I should clarify, work policy prevents me from storing work passwords, except on my local drive

• Hey @scothrell. Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like you're using 1Password X as your browser extension, which will only work with 1Password accounts. 1Password X uses the data stored on our servers, so it won't work with your local vault. For that one, I recommend installing our regular browser extension.

While the browser extension can show you all of your data, it doesn't merge it. That is to stay that your standalone vault will stay on your local drive. In the browser extension, you can choose which vault you're using with the vault switcher. Just click the extension and then click the vault icon in the upper left corner to configure which vault you're using.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions!

• scothrell
    scothrell
    Community Member

Exactly that! The 4.7 version you linked has access to the local vault.
    Thanks.

• @scothrell

Thanks for the update. Just to clarify is the issue now resolved? Do you need any additional assistance?

Please let us know.

Ben

• scothrell
    scothrell
    Community Member

The issue is resolved...I can get to my local vault and my Online vaults equally well!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.