Secure Notes — Compatiblity with iOS and Windows versions

Stecyk
Stecyk
Community Member
  • iOS Password 7.0.6
  • iOS 11.4
  • Windows 10 version (Your app is up to date 7/1/2018)

On the iOS Password app, I see the following in Secure Notes

• Add new one-time password

If I click the "+" sign beside the one-time password, I see "Section name" and "One-Time Password."

I note that this "one-time password" stuff does not seem to exist on the Windows app. And if I try a test where I use the iOS app to create a dummy "Section name" and "One-TIme Password," that information is not transferred to the Windows app.

Can someone please explain why the "Secure Notes" are different on the iOS and Windows versions.

How should I use the "Add new one-time password" on the iOS version?

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stecyk: 1Password for Mac version 7 introduced Markdown support for formatting in notes fields, but since the other apps don't support this yet it will show as plain text.

One-time passwords can be created and used in 1Password for Windows. You just need to enter the TOTP secret into a new field and then select the "one-time password" type from the ( ⋮ ) menu to the right.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you, that was helpful.

I wasn't clear on what a "one-time password" is or why one would want to use it. Then I saw your following article:

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

I understand correctly, when 1Password provides a one-time password, it replaces the functionality of an authenticator app. Is that correct?

• That is correct. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.