Autofill not working in browsers

I'm running 1Password 7 on MacOS High Sierra.
I've used 1Password for quite some time, and have always been able to resolve autofill issues by restarting the browser or reinstalling the browser extension.

I've done both, as well as verify all 3 of the needed options are checked in "preferences->Browsers".

Today the username\password autofill stopped working and none of the normal things has gotten it working again.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @mbrungardt,

If filling hasn't been working since you started running 1Password 7 then I wonder if you have 1Password stored in the user Applications folder, often referred to by ~/Applications/. This worked with previous versions of 1Password from our site in the past but as of 1Password 7 we now sandbox both our version and the Mac App Store of 1Password. As a result it means both 1Password and any browser you wish to use with 1Password must be located in the system-wide /Applications/ folder. I would recommend the following.

1. Quit 1Password by holding down the alt key and clicking the 1Password icon in the macOS menubar. Select the Quit 1Password Completely menu option.
    2. Move the 1Password application bundle from ~/Applications/ to /Applications/.
    3. Launch 1Password from its new location.
    4. Restart any open browsers.

You should find the extension now works.

If it isn't that we'll probably need to review a diagnostic report. Restart your Mac, launch 1Password and unlock and then confirm the extension is still inoperative. This link will then guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ID here we'll be able to locate the email and see what it tells us.

This discussion has been closed.