Licence File

Options

So it appears you have made changes to 1password which I have had for awhile now on both ios and windows, I have updated when new updates have come out up untill your recent version 7, yesterday i formatted and reinstalled one password... now it is asking me for licence file... which appears to not be a file that resides in dropbox. Where does this licence file come from?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @knowkontrol,

Thanks for writing in.

The license file is given to you by our FastSpring store where you buy a new license for 1Password 7, you have to store it in your Dropbox folder if you want to keep it there or as we recommend, store it in the Software License item in your 1Password vault. The license file would look like this: <your full name>.onepassword7-license-win.

You have to manage the license yourself, we wouldn't have access to it.

If you were using 1Password 4 and didn't buy a new license, then you'd want to uninstall 1Password 7 and download 1Password 4 instead from the bottom right of our downloads page: https://1Password.com/downloads/ (Use Help menu > Enter License Key in 1Password 4 to register it).

• knowkontrol
    knowkontrol
    Community Member
    Options

i am curious then, how was I able to from the start keep upgrading... making it all the way up to current version with out having to upgrade to 7? What has changed other than me formatting? I am not seeing a licence file fitting your description.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @knowkontrol,

1Password 7 for Windows is our new app that we are building from the ground up and it is a paid upgrade for the current 1Password 4 license owners. Since this is a separate app, we did not prompt the users of 1Password 4 for Windows to update to 1Password 7.

Could you please specify the version of 1Password that you have been using on your PC before formatting it? Was it 1Password 4 or 1Password 6?

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.