OPT-CMD-[/] shortcut fails in Chrome when HTTP authentication dialog is active

fnl
fnl
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

As in this discussion, but newly happened.

Chrome version: 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is this the correct place for this bug report or does that need to go elsewhere?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• fnl
    fnl
    Community Member

Also, here is a similar thread with the same issues, and equally unresolved; Seems to be a larger problem with 1Password's global keyboard shortcut, in general...?

• fnl
    fnl
    Community Member

Also, some more details: I did all the recommendations shown in the "similar thread" (above), including disabling all my extension. But the problem still persists (and not just in incognito mode).

• fnl
    fnl
    Community Member

Yet another piece of info I can provide: Going to the same page on Firefox, and pressing the shortcut when the authentication window opens, works. So it does seem to be a Chrome-specific problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @fnl,

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing this and it is a bug in 1Password 7 for Mac. Hopefully we can get this fixed sometime soon so it doesn't cause problems. It isn't just basic auth prompts, you can see it in effect if you don't have an active Chrome window as well.

ref: apple-1113

• fnl
    fnl
    Community Member

OK, thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to 7.0.5, then, I guess :-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure where we are in the development cycle so it may not make 7.0.5. All I can really promise is we do know it needs fixed and hopefully sooner rather than later.

• fnl
    fnl
    Community Member

I agree - it is making 1Password a pain to use for HTTP auth pages (read: all our corp infra), and you guys are not exactly cheap... ;-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I have reminded the developers we need to get this fixed. Unfortunately I cannot promise a timeframe, all I can say is we know this needs resolved and that I would like to see it fixed soon as well.

This discussion has been closed.