1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox 61 secret key

Comments

• Hi @broosnemanic,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 4 does not deal with the secret keys as it doesn't support 1Password memberships, that only started with 1Password 6 and later when you sign in to your 1Password accounts.

If you see that message, it means that you have 1Password 6 or 7 installed alongside 1Password 4, which is possible. If you do not wish to upgrade to 1Password 7, your next step is:

1. Go to your Control Panel to select the Uninstall a program option. Once you're there, look for either 1Password 6 or 7 and uninstall it.
    2. Reboot and open 1Password 4 first, unlock and go to the Help Menu > Advanced to select Native Messaging protocol.
    3. Open Firefox and 1Password 4 helper should now show up for Firefox.
  • broosnemanic
    broosnemanic
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Ty for replying. I do not have 1password 6 or 7 installed - only 4. This happened when I installed the newest firefox - I uninstalled the old firefox version as I was having some config troubles and when I installed v61 and attempted to install the 1password addon I ran into this problem.
    I wonder if the extension version is the trouble. Does the latest version of your firefox extension assume 1password version 6+?
    In fact I see now that 1Password X – Password Manager requires a 1password membership. How would I go about installing the older version of the extension which is compatible with 1password 4?

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @broosnemanic,

Ah, that makes sense. In the future, use the desktop program to open the right extension page for you:

1. Open 1Password 4, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers.
    2. Click Install Firefox extension, which should open up the extension page in Firefox (https://1password.com/browsers/)

Just to be clear, 1Password X is not the replacement or newer version, we offer two separate browser extensions; one that works with your standalone data via 1Password desktop program and one that can connect to your 1Password account (1Password X).

We do want 1Password X to be the future but it won't be able to work with standalone vaults until browser vendors provide a way to work with data on the drive.

• broosnemanic
    broosnemanic
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Unfortunately that just brought me here: https://1password.com/
    And to sign on there I need a secret code :P

Success! File Menu > Preferences > Browsers brings me to the home page, but pasting the link you supplied (https://1password.com/browsers/) worked! Possibly the correct URL should be updated in 1password 4 (though I do not know if you are still making updates to that version.
    Ty for your help :D

• Hi @broosnemanic,

Ah, that wasn't supposed to be redirected. I'll check in with our web team to make sure it isn't redirecting the old agilebits.com extension page.

We are not going to be updating 1Password 4 anymore except for critical security updates. 1Password 7 is the latest version that'll be getting the full attention from now on.

• laurencei
    laurencei
    Community Member

@MikeT - same problem for me. Trying to install extension via 1Password4 application takes you to the 1PasswordX webpage. Your web page is still redirecting.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@laurencei: Thank you for chipping in! Are you able to download 1Password extension for Firefox from our website https://1password.com/downloads/? Please let me know. Thanks!

• laurencei
    laurencei
    Community Member

Yep - got it manually. But the link from v4 application itself is broken.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there. We've made some changes to our website since 1Password 4 was discontinued. Glad Greg was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.