WLAN Syncing Unexpected Behavior

Options
iceout
iceout
Community Member

I have 2 computers and 2 iPhones and I am trying to have separate vaults on each Mac/iPhone pair synced via WLAN sync.

What is happening is my iPhones will sync with either Mac causing the vault on my iPhone to sync with what I would expect to be the wrong Mac.

Originally the vault was just moved from one Mac to the other and then I deleted a number of entries on the 2nd Mac and changed the Master Password. I have deleted the vault and started over on the iPhone after changing the Master Password on the vault on the Mac.

The secret WLAN code is the same on both Mac versions.

How can I get these two to not think they are the same vault possibly using a different secret code so I can keep the Mac/iPhone pair separate from each other?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iceout,

You'd need to generate a new vault on the Mac in order to rectify this.

1. Create a new vault
    2. Move all of the information into it from the current vault
    3. Set up Folder Sync for the new vault so that 1Password writes out an OPVault sync file for it
    4. Lock 1Password
    5. Use Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data to wipe out all settings and data from 1Password
    6. Double click on the OPVault file created in step 3
    7. Uninstall and reinstall 1Password for iOS
    8. Set up WLAN sync with the new Primary vault

Ben

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Ben these steps helped to get me setup.

Follow-up question If I change the Master Password for a vault on a Mac does the vaults Master Password also need to be changed on the iOS version that is synced via WLAN server? I was expecting the iOS vault to require the new Master Password after I synced the next time.

• Ben
    Options

@iceout

It may need to be changed on each device. We have some additional information about this here:

How 1Password syncs changes to your Master Password - AgileBits Blog

Ben

This discussion has been closed.