I have a standalone Android version since 2014 and now can't edit or add?

Options
sotsubo
sotsubo
Community Member

Have a stand alone Android version 6.8 and now I can't seem to add or edit? (says my 'trial is over...so go buy it for $10??) Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a standalone Android version since 2014 and now can't edit or add?

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @sotsubo. 1Password for Android is free to use and has full functionality during its 30 day trial. After the trial period it becomes limited to a reader. This means that you can sync, view, and copy and paste your data, but you won't be able to add, edit, or fill items from Android without the Pro features. You can read more about it here:
    https://support.1password.com/pro-features-android/

We've also recently introduced a new service, 1Password accounts. With an account subscription, the Pro features and client apps are unlocked for all of your devices, and all major upgrades are covered too. You can sign up for a free trial if you like:
    https://1password.com/sign-up/

• sotsubo
    sotsubo
    Community Member
    Options

I've had my Android stand alone version for 4 years (since 2014) and all of a sudden it says, ''your trial version is over..." that doesn't make sense since Ive had it for 4 years (and paid for it in 2014... something like $80.00). WHAT HAPPENED? Why can't I just continue using it, or are you forcing me to use the subscription version now?????

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sotsubo: We haven't had any version of 1Password that cost 80$, so I'm not sure what that's about. As Peri mentioned, the Pro upgrade that unlocks all of the app's features is an in-app purchase. But if you've already bought that, you just need to install 1Password using the Google Play account you used to pay for it and it will validate your purchase there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sotsubo
    sotsubo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty --
    My bad - I bought it for $7.99 back in 2014.
    I went back to google play, which said I had it installed.... so I removed the app, and then reinstalled it. I think its OK now (altho somehow google play says I bought it for $0.0 on my phone, and on my computer google acct, says I bought it for $7.99 -- something wonky with google there).
    Anyways -- it works now, so I'm good.
    Thanks, Shirley

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, Shirley! I'm glad you've got everything sorted!

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@sotsubo After 2 or 3 years google play doesn't provide the price you bought the apps. But if you go to the actual payment statements you can still find it

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.