Data is not populated into browser

Options
tonyleja
tonyleja
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I am running Safari and and no longer when I click on the associated login information does the data from 1password get populated into the browser fields Please advise

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser fillin

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @tonyleja,

You're running quite an old version of 1Password and I've seen nothing but trouble from that version lately. The good news is 1Password 6 will run on any version of macOS that 1Password 5 will run and any purchase of 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac means you're entitled to run 1Password 6. Given that here is what I recommend.

1. From 1Password's main window, quit 1Password using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q
    2. Drag the 1Password 5 application bundle from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    3. Download and install 1Password 6 using the provided link.
    4. Launch the freshly installed copy of 1Password 6 and unlock.
    5. Restart any open browsers.

We have 1Password 7 out as well but that's a paid update and as you're running macOS 10.10 AKA Yosemite not available to you. Thankfully you can run 1Password 6 and you should find that works.

• tonyleja
    tonyleja
    Community Member
    Options

Ok Great! I updated to 6 and all is good. Whats weird is for all this time up until that one day last week, everything worked just fine. But I understand that there could be updates to the browser and such too.

Thanks for responding

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @tonyleja,

Glad to hear everything is running smoothly again :smile: Something seems to have happened recently as I've seen a few people running 1Password 5 find it isn't working now. The good news is the update has resolved it for everybody and all our 1Password 5 users are entitled to run 1Password 6 anyway :smile:

Hopefully things remain working properly, please let us now if that changes at all.

This discussion has been closed.