Entering password for each 1password instance on the same computer

IMA
IMA
Community Member

I purchased 1password some years ago from iTunes an use it since on my Macbook and iphone. Recently I updated to 1password 7 and have a very annoying behavior regarding 1password login prompt. If I enter my 1password password in the desktop app or 1password mini, I have still to re-enter it if I immediatly want to access it with the chrome extension. Same if I switch to safari. Every 1password instance ask the password every time, even if I have logged in one of them. With the previous version of 1password, I use to enter the password one time and it was available in browsers for time of the auto-lock timer.

Is it possible to change this behavior somewhere in settings ?

I use all latest version of 1password desktop, browser extensions and OS X.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IMA: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may have a bit of an odd setup, if you have multiple 1Password "instances". This is not recommended.

However, without some basic information it's hard to sayer certain. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what are your settings in Preferences > Security? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• IMA
    IMA
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, thanks for the answer.

By multiple instances, I meant 1password desktop + the browser extensions for each browsers I use.

I updated the desktop app and the Chrome extension yesterday as there where new versions available and it seems to work as expected now. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that all is well after completing the update. When there's one pending — especially in the browser — that can hang things up. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.