Extension - the latest version

Options
HRD
HRD
Community Member

Could you kindly clear up a confusion I have over the latest version number of the extension?

I have 4.7.1.4 but your web page shows 4.7.2. When I manually update in Chrome the existing beta is not replaced but the latest one added.

Is this correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

You're running the beta version of the 1Password extension and while the numbering has lagged a little you're essentially running the current extension. BETA-4 is what the stable version of 4.7.1 is based on, so they're identical and the 4.7.2 is all the same code as well, the small change there was server-side and was to help push all our Safari users onto the Safari Extension Gallery version of the extension in preparation of Safari 12. Once we have a some code changes ready for the extension the next release will be a beta one and you'll jump up to 4.7.3.1 AKA BETA-1.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries :smile: It was a perfectly reasonable question that deserved a complete answer. Although not the case here, we've seen reports of browsers not always automatically updating when we'd expect them to which also so I'm glad you asked.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

All good. I will revert if I come against any issues with the automatic updating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I find the versions a bit confusing too at times. Anyway, hopefully you don't run into any update issues, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.